September 2, 2018 - Comments Off on 6th Annual Art and Olfaction Awards: Submissions Open Soon
We're pleased to announce the submissions window for the 6th annual Art and Olfaction Awards, to take place in early May, 2019 in Amsterdam.
Submissions open on October 1st, 2018, 9am PST
Submissions close on November 15th, 2018, 11:59pm PST
Physical submissions must be received on or before November 30th, 2018
Round one judging will take place between December 1, 2018 and January 20, 2019
Round two judging will take place between January 20 and March 1, 2019
We will announce the finalists at in April, 2019
We will hold the 6th annual Art and Olfaction Awards in early May, in Amsterdam.
WHO CAN SUBMIT?
We accept submissions from independent and artisan perfumers, and experimental practitioners with scent from all countries. Brands must be independently owned, or owned by a parent company with no more than four fine fragrance holdings in its brand portfolio.
For the 6th annual awards, we accept perfumes and projects first released to market between January 1 and December 31, 2018.
We will accept submissions in three categories: The Art and Olfaction Award for Independent Perfume, The Art and Olfaction Award for Artisan Perfume, and the Sadakichi Award for Experimental Work with Scent. Please take a moment to review how we define these categories.
- INDEPENDENT AWARD: This is for perfume brands that employ an external perfumer or fragrance house to initiate and create their blends, which are then released under the brand's name. Read the qualifiers here.
- ARTISAN AWARD: This is for perfume brands that are owned or co-owned by the brand's primary perfumer, who initiates and creates the perfume formulations in-house, then released under the brand's name. Read the qualifiers here.
- SADAKICHI AWARD (EXPERIMENTAL): This is for experimental practitioners who make unconventional or non-traditional use of scent that takes it out of the domain of traditional perfumery. Read the qualifiers here.
In addition to these three, we will award two discretionary awards.
- AFTEL AWARD FOR HANDMADE PERFUME: Launched in 2018, this discretionary award is given on an annual basis to one outstanding small batch perfume that was perfumer-created, with no use of outsourced compounding or expansion at any stage of the process. Read the qualifiers here.
- CONTRIBUTION TO SCENT CULTURE AWARD: Launched in 2017, this discretionary award will be given on an annual basis to one outstanding person who makes significant contributions to public awareness of artisan, independent and experimental practices with scent on an international scale. Read the qualifiers here.
Do you have any questions about which category you fall under, or if your perfume qualifies as a first release? Please email us at email@example.com
You can email us en français, en español.
We look forward to receiving your work.
Published by: artandolfactionawards in news